For more of Zoki + Mike’s bright and colorful day, check out their feature on Brides.
venue - the best place at the historic pabst brewery / day of coordination - dear rainbeau / wedding dress – bride’s friend sarah hamilton / shoes - jimmy choo / belt – made by bride’s mother / hair + makeup - vIcÍ capilli salons / bridesmaids dresses – their own / floral design - dear rainbeau / groom’s attire - hugo boss, original penguin, + tommy hilfiger / groom’s shoes - cole haan / rings - bvla – body vision los angeles / glasses – warby parker / catering - saz’s catering + kopp’s frozen custard / photo booth - smilebooth coordinated by dear rainbeau / invite design – bride’s sister at entropy design lab
A couple of months ago, we launched an initiative called Weddings for Freedom, which provides the wedding industry a platform to take a stand against human trafficking in the United States. The premise is for each vendor to donate $1,000/year to a local, anti-human trafficking organization in collaboration with other vendors in one’s community. All of the money goes directly to the organizations being supported; there are no dues or fees to be a member of Weddings for Freedom.
Thus far, we have 10 chapters set up from coast-to-coast and we’re quickly approaching the deadline of June 2nd, to join for 2014. If you are a wedding vendor and are interested in making your work be a part of something bigger, you can learn more and sign up at www.weddingsforfreedom.com.
PS: In case you aren’t aware how prevalent human trafficking is in the United States…
- THERE ARE AN ESTIMATED 300,000 CHILDREN AT RISK OF BEING PROSTITUTED IN THE UNITED STATES AND THERE ARE FEWER THAN 250 BEDS AVAILABLE FOR UNDERAGE VICTIMS
- THE AVERAGE VICTIM MAY BE FORCED TO “SERVICE” CUSTOMERS UP TO 20-48 TIMES A DAY
- HUMAN TRAFFICKING GENERATES $9.5 BILLION YEARLY IN THE UNITED STATES
- ON AVERAGE, IN THE UNITED STATES, GIRLS FIRST BECOME VICTIMS OF PROSTITUTION BETWEEN AGE 12-14; FOR BOYS AND TRANSGENDER YOUTH, THE AVERAGE AGE IS BETWEEN 11-13
- THE AVERAGE AMERICAN LIVES WITHIN 19 MILES OF DAILY SEX TRAFFICKING
- A HOMELESS YOUTH IS LIKELY TO BE TARGETED BY A SEX TRAFFICKER WITHIN 48 HOURS OF BEING ON THE STREET
- AN ESTIMATED 20,000 PEOPLE ARE TRAFFICKED INTO THE UNITED STATES EACH YEAR
- AN ESTIMATED 300,000 AMERICAN YOUTHS ARE AT RISK OF BECOMING VICTIMS OF COMMERCIAL SEXUAL EXPLOITATION
*stats gathered from the fbi, unicef, the u.n., cnn, the polaris project